Open a Postbank salary account online and complete the application process and will get an unlocked Nokia Lumia 630 smartphone as joining bonus. The unlocked Nokia Lumia 630 black mobile phone costs about €100 in Germany. In addition, you also get a lifetime free VISA credit card along with your account which allows free cash withdrawals in Euro countires and charge free withdrawal worldwide.
A step-by-step application process for opening a bank account online including screenshots is available is provided here.
It is necessary that a form be filled which will inform the employer to pay your salary to the new account. This form called a Arbeitgeber-anschreiben (Letter to Employer ) or a Gehalts-/Bezügeüberweisung (Salary /remuneration Transfer Autorisation) letter. It is nothing but a document requesting to you your the newly opened Post Bank checking account as a salary account in the future. Postbank will forward the request to the employer based on your request. The Gehalts-/Bezügeüberweisung form is available when you fill the form, or it can be downloaded from the Postbank website here.
Other advantages of Postbank Giro Plus are
- Free checking account – For salaried customers on a deposit of €1000 a month. Free for students and people below 22 years old.
- VISA Card : Lifetime free Postbank VISA Card.
- Foreign cash withdraws without charges : Worldwide, charge-free cash available for withdrawals in euros using VISA Card or 1.85% for other currencies.
- 1 cent per liter discount for fuel at Shell
- Free for students, without this offer.
- For other benefits, check out the page here
Please note that it is not enough to merely apply online, you will have to send the forms and complete the Identification (PostIndent) process prior to November 12, 2014.
To Open a Postbank account online, click here. Check the step by step instruction on opening a postbank account.