For those who missed out on the Postbank Offer smartphone offer, there is a new Postbank offer. Open a Postbank salary account online and complete the application process by December 3, 2014 and will get an €150 Amazon Gift Card as joining bonus, right in time for holiday shopping. A step-by-step application process for opening a bank account online including screenshots is available is provided here.
It is necessary that a form be filled which will inform the employer to pay your salary to the new account. This form called a Arbeitgeber-anschreiben (Letter to Employer ) or a Gehalts-/Bezügeüberweisung (Salary /remuneration Transfer Autorisation) letter. It is nothing but a document requesting to you employer to use your newly opened Post Bank checking account as a salary account in the future. Postbank will forward the request to the employer based on your request. The Gehalts-/Bezügeüberweisung form is available when you fill the form, or it can be downloaded from the Postbank website here.
Other advantages of Postbank Giro Plus are
- Free checking account – For salaried customers on a deposit of €1000 a month. Free for students and people below 22 years old.
- VISA Card : Postbank VISA Card is free of charge for first year.
- Foreign cash withdraws without charges : Worldwide, charge-free cash available for withdrawals in euros using VISA Card or 1.85% for other currencies.
- 1 cent per liter discount for fuel at Shell
- Free for students, without this offer.
- For other benefits, check out the page here
Please note that it is not enough to merely apply online, you will have to send the forms and complete the Identification (PostIndent) process prior to December 3, 2014.
To Open a Postbank account online, click here. Check the step by step instruction on opening a postbank account.